Clinical Psychologist / Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Full Time/Part Time)
Salaried, with benefits
Integrated Musculoskeletal and Spine Group, PLLC specializes in interventional pain management and physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our group has two offices located in Freeport, NY and Hicksville, NY. We are looking for a part time or full time Clinical Psychologist/Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join our team who will provide quality, competent, safe and compassionate patient care. Bilingual Spanish is strongly preferred.
You will apply core principles to manage a diverse set of patients, to ensure optimum quality of patient care. You should demonstrate strong attention to detail, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The primary function for the Clinical Psychologist/Licensed Clinical Social Worker for this position is to provide psychological treatment for individuals to help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries. Core duties for this position are to conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, in order to establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Conduct psychological evaluations, diagnosis, and provide treatment for patients in a culturally sensitive, professional and ethical manner
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines to assure continuity of care
- Evaluate and manage patient care
- Coordination of care
- Provide continuity of care
- Obtain a thorough social and health history
- Document detailed patient encounters
- Create treatment plans
- Able to clearly articulate treatment plans with empathy
- Comply strictly with medical care regulations and safety standard
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in counseling psychology
- Masters in Clinical Social Work
- Must have valid NYS license in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Social Work
- Bilingual is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently in the therapeutic relationship while balancing a strong team orientation and systems approach to treatment planning and coordination of services and intervention.
- Ability to maintain precise record-keeping and confidential documentation of counseling sessions a must.
- Direct experience in diagnosis and assessment with DSM-IV criteria and in the treatment of chronic pain management patients with clinical disorders such as depression and other mood disorders, anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Strong working knowledge of clinical social work practice, relevant medical and/or legal issues that impact patient care, and medical center resources to access and provide for patient care needs. Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, assessment, counseling, multitasking, detail orientation, and organizational skills.
- Familiar with EHR, basic computer skills including but not limited to PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Monday to Friday (8–10-hour shifts)
- Occasional Saturdays
- Traveling to Freeport (Nassau) and Hicksville (Nassau) offices is required.
Applicants for this position may submit cover letter, resume, and any relevant credentials, directed to Andrea Fortune,
at The iMsk & Spine Group's Freeport Freeport.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.